Dark Chocolate Muffins
- 160 g dark chocolate chips (60% bittersweet chocolate)
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 70 g natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 190 g castor sugar
- 120 g unsalted butter – melted in microwave or stove top
- 240 ml buttermilk (if unavailable, substitute with 240 ml fresh milk + 1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice, let it stand for 5 mins before using)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170°C/ 340°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, use mixer
- Use a spatula to fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients – avoid overmixing
- Portion out into a lined muffin tray (12-18 muffins, depending on your tray)
- Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes and let it sit to rest. Texture will be quite moist, not dry.