1 cup (240 ml) sake
1 cup (240ml) mirin
1/2 cup (120ml) soy sauce
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
6 spring onions, roughly chopped
6 whole garlic cloves
One 2-inch knob ginger, unpeeled, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
1 large shallot, unpeeled, halved
900g/1kg skin-on slab of boneless pork belly
- Roll pork belly and tie up with twine.
- Add all the stated ingredients into pressure cooker
- Add pork belly into pressure cooker and pressure cook for 1.5hours.
- Rest pork belly in liquid overnight (best to ensure pork belly is fully submerged by putting it in a tall cylindrical container)
- Before serving, slice up pork belly + broil under high heat in oven to render fat + get the desired char.
Recipe reference from SeriousEats